Sunday, April 1, 2012

Silver Threads of Opportunity

4 am is awful early to leave for the airport. I need to remember this next time I want to book a 6 am flight. But the idea was to arrive back in Maryland with enough daylight left to snorkel, and I looked forward to the flight. I had a window seat and I always love the new perspective a few thousand feet provides. It gives me a completely different view of our fresh water systems. I spent the last week looking at them from within. The next few hours were an opportunity to look at them from above.

As the plane climbed through the atmosphere, silver threads woven through the fabric of the landscape started to appear. Each one a creek, river, or stream. Each one unique, each one holds incredible life. Each one is an opportunity for exploration, discovery and adventure, and I want to explore them all

No comments:

Post a Comment